1. Anyone can join your SMS marketing program, no mobile app required, no cards required just signup a customer with a phone number on the Payments screen of the Clover Register app.
2. Ensure the "Has allowed marketing" flag has been checked and save.
The Customer Marketing Preference feature is a useful tool that helps you keep track of which customers are comfortable receiving marketing messages via email. To enable the Marketing Preference entry feature:
- Open the Setup app on your Clover device or on the Web Dashboard.
- Select the Features category.
- Check the checkbox to enable Customer Marketing Preference.
- Change the text in the text box to the message that you’d like customers to see when given this option.
3. This customer will be be synced with the SMS Marketing app, and you will see this phone # under Customers->Enrolled Customers in the SMS Marketing app (give the sync process a few minutes).
1. On Register when you are on the Payments screen, you will see a SMS button.
2. Tapping on the SMS Marketing button will bring up the below pop up box with the following options - lookup an existing customer, add new customer or simply validate the SMS Marketing coupon by the scanning the QR code.
3. Tapping on "Lookup an Existing Customer" allows you to check if a customer is already signed up to receive your promotions. You can search by name, email or phone number.
4. Tapping on Create a New Customer allows you to add a new customer to your rewards program. Enter a phone number and check the "Has allowed marketing". The information entered and saved will automatically get synched with the Clover Customer app.
5. Tapping on Scan Code brings up the clover scanner and validates the offer "QR code" and applies the discount to the order.